March 28, 2016 Chess No Comments on The Perks Of Being A Graphic Designer
The Perks Of Being A Graphic Designer
Are you thinking of pursuing graphic design as a career? Or are you graphic designer who is somehow losing sight of what being a graphic designer can do for you? Arthur Piccio, who manages YouTheEntrepreneur, has written an article for UCreative, enumerating the perks that graphic designers can be thankful for. Here are some of them:
- Graphic designers have more channels for self-expression. Sure, there will be limits because of certain requirements and creative brief constraints; but compared to other careers, the art industry, particularly design, allows a wider range of self-expression through different forms and channels.
- Graphic designers won’t run out of employment opportunities. There isn’t really a design agency that dominates the graphic design industry, leaving graphic designers with endless opportunities. Aside from local and big time design companies, there are also opportunities in freelance and crowdsourcing websites. Creative outsourcing is also a thing now, which is offered by MicroCreatives, through our graphic design, copywriting, web development, animation, and motion graphics services, to client worldwide, including the US and Australia.
- Graphic designers are not confined to one medium. Graphic designers can go digital or traditional, if you’re bad at either. Don’t feel limited just because you aren’t the best at either technology or analog tools, since there is no right or wrong when it comes to the graphic design approach.
- Graphic designers are needed by enterprises. Expect enterprises to need you even when they might not know it yet. Creative marketing and branding and identity are necessary elements of a successful business and brand, and that’s where graphic designers enter the picture.
- Each graphic designer has a niche to go into. The diverse field of graphic design allows each graphic designer who specializes in a specific skillset can choose the path they want to take: web design, photo manipulation, illustration, poster design, publication design, desktop publishing, and packaging design, among others.
Can you think of other advantages that graphic designers have over other industries? Do tell us!